Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!


After taking some time off through the Holidays, it’s time to get back on track. For the last month or two I have taken it easy. I’ve run a few 15 milers, and my longest run was 20 miles. Other than those runs I have been trying to get back into my weight training and boxing routine, playing basketball, and trying to run the stairs at work during lunch. Our building is 20 floors. So I go up and back down 4 or 5 times. That’s 80-100 flights up and down. My mileage goal is going to be 80 miles/week for the forseeable future.


The picture above was me trying to get a run in on a day when the high temp was –3 F (it was –40 F with the wind chill) and there was a blizzard warning. I made it 8 miles and called it quits. It can be very hard to stay on a good routine through the winter. So needless to say I am envious of all of those who live in year round warm climates.

Another Christmas has come and gone. I ended up getting a Garmin Forerunner 405. I’ve been quite busy lately, but I’m looking forward to using it soon, maybe even tomorrow morning.

Next up for me is possibly the Illinois Fat Ass 50k in McNabb, IL. I ran it last year. It’s a 10 mi out and back course, so that’s basically 3 trips back and forth. I’m not much for these types of courses, but if I’m going to run the McNaughton Park 150 miler, it’s time to start liking loops. McNaughton Park 150 mi is 15 10 mile loops. That’s mentally tough for me.

Well, I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Happy New Year!

No comments: