Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kettle Moraine 100 miler

Well it's just over a week until the Kettle Moraine 100 miler. My training has been going well. I did a week of 20 milers each day 2 weeks ago, took last week easy to get some cross training in including some hill repeats, and so far this week on Monday I ran 30 miles in 92 degree heat with high humidity, and ran 20 today in 85 degree heat. I am excited to get those runs in because the prairie section of KM100 can be very tough if it's hot out. That section alone has ended many runner's races. So if it is hot, I feel like I will be well trained with these runs this week. I am anxious for this run, because it has been a while since my last race. Hopefully I am well prepared, and things go well.

My normal pacer at this race - uncle Dale Humphrey - will be running the race himself this year. It's one of the races in the Gnarly Bandit Series that he is looking to complete this year. So I will have a new pacer this year - Scott McTurner - A friend from the Naperville Running Company. Should be a great time as there will be quite a few people there that all know each other.


As far as my daughter's track team that I helped coach this year, the girl's team won the state meet and my daughter (6th grade) placed 6th in the mile, 11th in the 800m, 7th in the 4 x 800m, and 6th in the 4 x 400m out of all 5th-8th graders from throughout the state.


The following weekend (last weekend) she won the 5k race that I helped to organize at our church. She placed 4th overall and first female out of 132 runners of all ages.

I'm very happy for her success, as well as the school's success. Last year the boys and girls both won the state meet, so it was a repeat year for the girls this year. I think they will win it for the next 2-3 years as well. Great group of kids. Most are in 7th grade or under.....

1 comment:

SteveQ said...

Congrats on the speedy finish at Kettle! Can't wait for the report.